Making your rent payment

You can pay resource rents by cheque, credit card (MasterCard and Visa only), money order or electronic funds transfer.

In person

Make your payment at any mines lodgement office.

Electronic funds transfer

Transfer funds to:

Account name: Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
Commonwealth Bank BSB: 064-013
Account no: 1004 1702

Please notify us of the payment by emailing


Send your cheque or credit card authorisation form (PDF, 41KB) to:

Attention: Mining Rent
Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
PO Box 15216

Make cheques out to the 'Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy', and include the invoice number and resource authority ID on back of the cheque. Do not send cash through the mail.


Call (07) 3199 8133 and have your credit card details handy.

Further information

For more information, technical assistance or to have forms sent by mail, contact:

Rental officer
Phone: +61 7 3199 7916 or +61 7 3199 7924


General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)