Electricity generation from gas
A number of Queensland power stations generate electricity using natural gas as fuel.
Queensland's current gas-fired generators include those listed below. The figure in megawatts (MW) is their registered capacity for trading in the National Electricity Market.
- Barcaldine Power Station: a 37MW gas-fired generator located at Barcaldine
- Braemar Power Station: a 504MW gas-fired generator at Wambo, north-east of Dalby
- Braemar 2 Power Station: a 519MW gas-fired generator located next to the Braemar Power Station at Wambo, north-east of Dalby
- Condamine Power Station: a 144MW gas-fired generator at Miles
- Darling Downs Power Station: a 644MW gas-fired generator located 40km west of Dalby
- Oakey Power Station: a 282MW gas-fired generator located in Oakey
- Roma Power Station: a 80MW gas-fired generator located at Roma
- Townsville Power Station: a 242MW gas-fired generator at Yabulu, north of Townsville
- Yarwun Power Station: a 154MW gas-fired generator located 10km north-west of Gladstone.
- Find out more with our interactive electricity generation map.