Electricity generation from gas
A number of Queensland power stations generate electricity using natural gas as fuel.
Queensland's current gas-fired generators include those listed below. The figure in megawatts (MW) is their registered capacity for trading in the National Electricity Market.
- Barcaldine Power Station – a 37MW gas-fired generator located at Barcaldine
- Braemar Power Station – a 514MW gas-fired generator at Wambo, north-east of Dalby
- Braemar 2 Power Station – a 450MW gas-fired generator located south-west of Dalby
- Condamine Power Station – a 144MW gas-fired generator at Miles
- Darling Downs Power Station – a 644MW gas-fired generator located 40km west of Dalby
- Oakey Power Station – a 282MW gas-fired generator located in Oakey
- Roma Power Station – a 80MW gas-fired generator located at Roma
- Swanbank E – a 385MW gas-fired generator located south-west of Brisbane
- Townsville Power Station – a 242MW gas-fired generator at Yabulu, north of Townsville
- Yarwun Power Station – a 154MW gas-fired generator located 10km north-west of Gladstone
- Find out more with our interactive electricity generation map.