Climate Smart Energy Savers rebate information for appliance retailers and installers
The Climate Smart Energy Savers appliance rebate has closed for new purchases and installations.
We strongly encourage you to advise customers that the rebate program is closed. Customers who purchased an eligible appliance (or installed an eligible air conditioner or hot water system) up until 11:59pm on 4 December 2023 must submit their application within 30 days of purchase/installation.
Applications cannot be accepted after 3 January 2024.
Climate Smart Energy Savers supports eligible Queenslanders who replace old appliances with 4 star-rated (or higher) energy efficient appliances and hot water systems.
The following information outlines the proof of purchase/installation documentation your customers require for their rebate application.
Proof of purchase
Your customers will need to provide proof of purchase as part of their application. Receipts for an eligible appliance must contain:
- the name, address, and ABN or ACN of the entity that issued the receipt
- the date the eligible appliance was purchased
- a description of the eligible appliance.
Proof of installation of air conditioners and hot water systems
Your customers will need to provide proof of installation of air conditioners and hot water systems as part of their application. Receipts for the installation of an eligible air conditioner or hot water system must contain:
- the date of installation
- confirmation the installation was carried out at the residential premises in the application
- a description of the installation work
- the name and licence number of the licensed contractor who carried out the work.
Receive and install appliance before applying
Your customers will need to declare they have taken possession of the appliance as part of their application.
- Phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) for assistance with accessing or submitting a rebate application through the online application portal, or further enquiries about the program.
- Read about eligibility requirements for the Climate Smart Energy Savers rebate.
- Last reviewed: 5 Dec 2023
- Last updated: 5 Dec 2023