Defence industry support in Queensland
Defence Industries Queensland is the government body that provides support to businesses in Queensland's defence industry. Its purpose is to foster sustained industry growth and help businesses take advantage of national and international supply chain opportunities.
Business opportunities and investment
Defence Industries Queensland supports Queensland-based companies and facilitates opportunities and investment in:
- land, sea and air related defence activities
- border protection (e.g. patrol boats, planes and unmanned aircraft systems)
- national and international security (e.g. communications, protective armour, vehicles)
Defence Industries Queensland also engages with the Defence Materiel Organisation (DMO), Australian Defence Force (ADF), other related Commonwealth agencies and international in-market partners.
Queensland's Defence Industries' Envoy
The Queensland Government has appointed an envoy, Lindsay Pears, to represent the state at a national and international level on defence-related issues. Lindsay identifies opportunities for Queensland industry to help develop the state's defence presence, provides input into policy decisions and fosters defence-related research and development within the state.
Find out how the Queensland's Defence Industries' Envoy can support your business.
- Learn more about investing in Queensland's defence industry.
- Last reviewed: 02 Sep 2016
- Last updated: 02 Sep 2016