Replace a commercial fishing authority

If you lose or do not receive an authority in the mail, you will need to apply for a replacement. To request a replacement, send a letter to:

Fisheries Licensing
GPO Box 2764

Alternatively, fax your details to (07) 3229 8282.

You will need to provide:

  • name(s) and postal address of the holder(s)
  • which authority(s) needs to be replaced
  • why the authority(s) needs to be replaced
  • signature(s) of the authority holder(s)
  • payment of the replacement fee per authority (view the fee schedules for Queensland fisheries).

If you want the replacement authority mailed to a different address than your usual postal address, make sure you supply this information in your letter. You will need to make it clear that it is a one-time redirection of your mail so that your postal address details are not changed.

The replacement authority sent to you will be marked with the word 'replacement' and a number. If you locate the original version, you are required to destroy the original and operate under the latest replacement version.