COVID-19 alert: Read about eased restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 1am, Friday 22 January.
Replace a commercial fishing authority
If you lose or do not receive an authority in the mail, you will need to apply for a replacement. To request a replacement, send a letter to:
GPO Box 2764
BRISBANE QLD 4001
Alternatively, fax your details to (07) 3229 8282.
You will need to provide:
- name(s) and postal address of the holder(s)
- which authority(s) needs to be replaced
- why the authority(s) needs to be replaced
- signature(s) of the authority holder(s)
- payment of the replacement fee per authority (view the fee schedules for Queensland fisheries).
If you want the replacement authority mailed to a different address than your usual postal address, make sure you supply this information in your letter. You will need to make it clear that it is a one-time redirection of your mail so that your postal address details are not changed.
The replacement authority sent to you will be marked with the word 'replacement' and a number. If you locate the original version, you are required to destroy the original and operate under the latest replacement version.