Fisheries Queensland services and hotlines
Fisheries Queensland is the lead government agency developing policies for protecting and conserving the state's fisheries. It provides the following services to commercial fishers.
Licences and permits
- Commercial fishing licences - general information about licence types, availability and links to application forms.
- FishNet - information on commercial licences, permits, quota and some reports of interest. Licence holders can also perform temporary transfer of quota transactions.
Reporting and hotlines
To help protect our fisheries resources, the following reporting services are available:
- Report suspected illegal activities (e.g. taking more than the legal limit of fish or taking female crabs) by phoning our 24-hour Fishwatch hotline on 1800 017 116.
- Report sightings of marine animals trapped in shark net gear or drifting buoys on 1800 806 891.
- Report catches of tagged fish to the Suntag Program on 1800 077 001. Suntag uses tags to gather and analyse data on fish movement, growth rates and habitats.
- Report large numbers of dead fish to the Department of Environment and Science on 1300 130 372.
- You can provide feedback on fisheries issues that may affect you or your community. Read about current fisheries consultations taking place in Queensland.
- Follow Fisheries Queensland on Facebook to keep informed about what's happening in Queensland's fisheries.
- Get the latest primary industries and fisheries news on topics that interest you by subscribing to our newsletters and alerts - delivered straight to your email inbox.
- Find out the latest Fisheries Queensland news about commercial and recreational fishing.
- Read current Ministerial media releases from the Minister for Agricultural Industry Development and Fisheries.