Agribusiness trade and export
Agriculture is one of Queensland's priority industries. There are opportunities to increase exports of Queensland's premium agricultural products and processed food to global markets.
Food and Fibre to Market (FF2M) – Industry Partnerships Program
The Queensland Government's Food and Fibre to Market – Industry Partnerships Program offers matched funding of between $50,000 and $100,000 to grow our food and fibre exports to international markets.
Read about the recipients of the first round of partnerships.
The program is currently closed, however further rounds may be offered.
Read the program guidelines to find out more about the program, including eligible applicants and project activities.
Trade and market development
Access the one-stop service to see how case-managed support can help connect you with trade and export opportunities.
Australia's free trade agreements substantially reduce or remove tariffs on Australian agricultural export products including beef, grains, horticulture, seafood and processed foods.
Trade and Investment Queensland supports trade missions and business matching in markets.
Food Innovation Australia Limited collaborates with industry to grow the share of Australian food in the global marketplace.
Key data, insights and marketing trends may help you in decision-making:
- Data Farm is a good starting point to better understand Queensland's commodity exports and primary industry export trends.
- Subscribe to the Agriculture Market Intelligence Insights newsletter to receive data and insights from the Australian Government.
- Market profiles are available from Austrade.
- Capturing the Prize for Queensland explores future opportunities for Queensland's agriculture and food sector.
Supply chains and freight
The Supply Chain Innovation team delivers innovative solutions to improve fresh produce quality. They can identify opportunities to enhance product quality and supply chain capabilities, reduce risks and increase returns.
The Attracting Aviation Investment Fund 2022–2025 will support growth of service frequency, capacity and development of new international aviation routes into Queensland's airports, including freight.
Being export ready
Around two-thirds of Australia's agriculture and food products are exported. The Australian Government creates new and maintains existing export market opportunities.
Find information here on exporting goods from Australia.
Assess your capability, capacity and motivation to export.
The Export Council of Australia can assist you in preparing for export through training and events.
Find out more about trade and export:
- Trade and Investment Queensland
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Queensland Government Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Learn how Queensland farmers export produce to international markets.
You can also view the Queensland Trade and Investment Strategy 2022–2032.
- Last reviewed: 21 Sep 2022
- Last updated: 13 Jul 2023