Plant pests and diseases
By preventing the spread of new and existing plant pests and diseases onto or within your property, you are helping to protect your farm/business and your industry as a whole. Reducing the spread of pests and diseases also helps to maintain Queensland's international reputation for safe products.
Before moving plants, plant products, soil or machinery into or within Queensland, you must ensure that you comply with any relevant quarantine restrictions.
Priority plant pests and diseases
Some pests and diseases are of such concern that you are legally required to report sightings. You can look for and identify priority plant pests and diseases.
If you notice any unusual plant pest or disease symptoms, report them to Biosecurity Queensland on 13 25 23 or the Exotic Plant Pest Hotline on 1800 084 881.
General plant pests and diseases
The following resources contain information about plant pests and diseases that are already present in Queensland:
Pests and diseases of trees and timber
Find out about pests and diseases of trees and timber and learn to recognise symptoms to keep trees healthy.
- Learn more about emergency plant pests and managing farm biosecurity risks on the Plant Health Australia and Farm Biosecurity websites.
- Find out more about plant health from the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- Read more about the safe and correct use of agricultural chemicals.
- Last reviewed: 12 Dec 2019
- Last updated: 17 Feb 2023