Agricultural trade, investment and export
As an agricultural business or part of the agricultural supply chain, you may be interested in exporting your products to world markets or gaining productive foreign investment.
We can facilitate investment, trade and export opportunities for you. This may include providing information and services direct to you as well as connecting you with investors or supply chain contracts.
Services that connect you with international markets
Trade and Investment Queensland
You can access Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) services including:
- concierge services
- business matching
- investment opportunities
- coordination of inbound and outbound trade missions.
Major investment facilitation
For major investments, access the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning's investment facilitation service.
Local Government in Queensland
Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
If your business is export-ready, Austrade can help connect you with overseas opportunities, win productive foreign investment and drive sustained long-term growth of Australian exports.
Trade and investment information
The following information will help you begin investigating, as well as remain informed on, trade and investment activities for your particular agricultural business.
Trade and investment in food, fibre and aquaculture
Trade and market access and agreements for agricultural products
Find out about trade and market opportunities for agricultural products, including export markets that provide the greatest gain for agricultural industries.
Northern Australia: trade and investment gateway
Learn how the Northern Australia trade and investment gateway is encouraging investment, and about plans to create stronger links to Asia, and the role of biosecurity.
Agribusiness and food investments
With global food demand booming, make the most of growth and partnership opportunities for your agribusiness or food investments.
Industry-specific capability reports
Research industry-specific capability reports and statements, including examples of Australian organisations with specialist expertise.
Exporting information and resources
Be part of the $18.5 billion Queensland export industry for your food and agribusiness. As the state's second most important export commodity earner, the industry makes up nearly one-quarter of our total exports.
Export for food and agribusiness—TIQ
Discover the export industry for your food and agribusiness: TIQ provide information and support including assistance, resources and tips for exporters.
Australian export controls
Tailored services for expanding your business by exporting
Expand your business by exporting with the help of Austrade's step-by-step guide and tailored services.
Export declarations and goods permissions
Learn about Australian Border Force rules and regulations for how to export, including the rules around moving, altering or interfering with export goods.
Proposed regional export distribution centre
Find out about the proposed Queensland regional export distribution centre with 2 Queensland companies currently developing business cases to bid for the construction.
Help and resources for export of specific goods
The following publications and organisations can provide export advice for specific agriculture sectors.
- The Investor's guide to the Queensland beef supply chain introduces investment opportunities including breeding and grazing properties, feedlots and processing.
- The Queensland beef producer investment guide offers advice on investor types and business models.
- The Australian Export Grains Innovation Centre helps Australian producers provide grain that markets prefer to buy.
- Food Innovation Australia helps grow the share of Australian food in the global marketplace.
- Meat and Livestock Australia's exporters help international buyers find supply companies.
- Australian Pork provides information on trade, labour and training.
- Pulse Australia can help you better understand global pulse markets.
Global and international trade organisations
The following organisations provide further information about import, export and other trade activities.
- Fairtrade Australia New Zealand
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- World Trade Organization
- Find information to help you understand the global food system.
- Read about the changing landscape of agricultural markets and trade.
- Find out about international sustainable development and trade.
- Learn about responsible agricultural supply chains.
- Find out what requirements apply to foreign investors through the Australian Taxation Office and the Foreign Investment Review Board.
- Find more about agricultural industries, development and markets.
- Last reviewed: 21 Sep 2021
- Last updated: 21 Sep 2021
I want to...
Complete our quick questionnaire to help us provide referrals tailored to your needs.
General enquiries 13 25 23