Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Laws and regulations affecting the agriculture industry
The Biosecurity Act 2014 (Qld) commenced on 1 July 2016. The Act will change the way that the Queensland Government, industry, local governments and the community manage biosecurity threats.
The following is a list of the Acts administered by Biosecurity Queensland. Full text of all Queensland legislation is available from the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel (OQPC). Note: The Regulations associated with these Acts can also be found on the OQPC website.
- Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Queensland) Act 1994
- Animal Care and Protection Act 2001
- Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008
- Biological Control Act 1987
- Biosecurity Act 2014
- Brands Act 1915
- Chemical Usage (Agricultural and Veterinary) Control Act 1988
- Drugs Misuse Act 1986 (Part 5B only)
- Exhibited Animals Act 2015
- Veterinary Surgeons Act 1936.
- Read about regulations that apply to veterinary surgeons.
- Last reviewed: 8 Aug 2016
- Last updated: 15 Nov 2016