Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Extension services for farmers
Agricultural extension services can help you make use of the latest scientific advances on your farm. This can lead to improved productivity and profitability, and reduced risks.
There are a range of extension services available within Queensland to help growers and graziers adopt better business and farming practices.
Our specialist extension staff and agricultural economists provide:
- hands-on technical assistance
- economic support
- on-farm assistance to trial new practices
- information resources
- economic decision-making tools
- research into improved farming systems.
The following resources contain information about extension services available for specific types of agriculture:
- Cane growers
- Dairy farmers
- Pork industry
- Banana growers
- Fruit and vegetable growers
- Broadacre crop growers
- For further information about the extension services available contact the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) .
- Last reviewed: 23 Sep 2015
- Last updated: 5 May 2016