Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Research on solar pumping and irrigation
The Queensland Government engaged the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) to research the potential for solar systems to replace, or be used as a complementary system for, diesel-powered irrigation and water pumping.
USQ's research can help you decide whether or not solar irrigation is for you. The 3 reports:
- identify and discuss the technology of solar power and solar pumping systems
- outline incentive and funding opportunities for solar pumping systems
- review Queensland agribusinesses’ irrigation systems and efficiencies.
Feasibility of solar irrigation reports
- Report 1 – Solar Power and Solar Irrigation Systems (PDF, 1.3MB) provides a technical summary of solar power and solar power irrigation systems in Queensland.
- Report 2 – Solar Irrigation Incentives, Funding and Financing Opportunities and Programs (PDF, 664KB) describes incentives, funding opportunities and programs to support uptake of solar systems.
- Report 3 – Queensland Agribusiness Pumping Capacities, Irrigation and Water Requirement (PDF, 4.5MB) outlines the factors that impact the scale of and potential market opportunities for solar irrigation in Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 5 Nov 2018
- Last updated: 27 Nov 2020