Research on solar pumping and irrigation
The Queensland Government engaged the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) to research the potential for solar systems to replace, or be used as a complementary system for, diesel-powered irrigation and water pumping.
USQ's research can help you decide whether or not solar irrigation is for you. The 3 reports:
- identify and discuss the technology of solar power and solar pumping systems
- outline incentive and funding opportunities for solar pumping systems
- review Queensland agribusinesses’ irrigation systems and efficiencies.
Feasibility of solar irrigation reports
- Report 1 – Solar Power and Solar Irrigation Systems (PDF, 1.3MB) provides a technical summary of solar power and solar power irrigation systems in Queensland.
- Report 2 – Solar Irrigation Incentives, Funding and Financing Opportunities and Programs (PDF, 664KB) describes incentives, funding opportunities and programs to support uptake of solar systems.
- Report 3 – Queensland Agribusiness Pumping Capacities, Irrigation and Water Requirement (PDF, 4.5MB) outlines the factors that impact the scale of and potential market opportunities for solar irrigation in Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 5 Nov 2018
- Last updated: 27 Nov 2020