Grants for agriculture businesses
You can receive financial assistance to support your agricultural business, start a new one or assist you during hardship.
You may be able to access loans, one-off grants and partnerships.
Search for grants
To find grants, search:
- Queensland Government Grants finder
- Australian Government Grants and programs finder
- business grants in Queensland.
You may also find opportunities through:
- local councils
- philanthropic funding bodies.
Learn how to prepare and write a grant application.
- Rural Economic Development (RED) grants offer co-contribution grants of up to $200,000 to strengthen primary production sectors and bolster rural communities.
- QRIDA grants and loans help establish and improve primary production enterprises.
- Grants and financial assistance programs are available to help your farming or farming-related business boost productivity and exports.
- The Export Market Development Grants is an Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters.
- The Fight Food Waste SME Solutions Centre provides dollar-for-dollar support for agribusinesses to conduct short-term research finding solutions to their agrifood waste problems.
- The Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) is a $5 billion lending facility to provide loans to infrastructure projects in northern Australia.
- The Reef Credit Scheme allows you to earn income by reducing nutrient or sediment run-off.
- The Land Restoration Fund supports you to generate an income through carbon farming projects.
- Carbon farming allows you to earn carbon credits including methods for farmers.
- The Grazing Resilience and Sustainable Solutions (GRASS) program provides financial incentives for on-farm improvements.
- The Banana Best Management Practice program offers grants for on-farm improvements.
Science and innovation
- Advance Queensland's programs and funds can help turn your agricultural ideas into commercial projects with access to finance, new business opportunities and management support.
- Apply for the AgriFutures Rural Women's Award to receive a bursary and access to professional development opportunities for innovative ideas and projects.
- Improve your business competitiveness and productivity by participating in the Australian Government's Entrepreneurs' Programme
- The Cooperative Research Centre for Developing Northern Australia (CRCNA) is investing $75 million of Commonwealth funds over 10 years to support industry-led research collaborations to develop new technologies, products and services.
Drought and disaster recovery
- Drought grants and funding to help you prepare for and manage the effects of drought.
- Natural disaster funding and support can help you recover from flooding and high rainfall events.
- Last reviewed: 21 Sep 2022
- Last updated: 21 Sep 2022