The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Solar for small to medium business
The eligibility requirement for the regional feed-in tariff is increasing to 30 kilowatts. This will allow more regional Queensland businesses to take advantage of solar and receive a fair payment for any excess electricity they export. Read more about these requirements.
The cost of installing solar photovoltaics has come down significantly in recent years and many Queensland businesses are already enjoying the benefits of solar power, including:
- reduced electricity costs (and increased bottom line)
- hedging against future electricity price rises
- reduced environmental footprint
- possible marketing advantages
- possible tax advantages.
If your business's monthly electricity bill is around $2,000–$5,000, you could save in excess of $7,000 per year in electricity costs by installing a solar system. Use our calculator to find out more.
In this guide, you'll find information and tools to help decide if solar power is a good fit for your business. It will also highlight what you need to consider before installing.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020