Take our survey to help us provide the best possible support to your small business during COVID-19 and beyond.
Energy saving programs for agricultural businesses
We are working with the Queensland Farmers' Federation to deliver free, independent electricity audits to identify on-farm cost savings through energy efficiency measures.
Energy Savers Plus Program Extension
This program is providing energy audits and funding to help up to 200 Queensland agricultural businesses improve their energy efficiency.
- a free, independent electricity audit to identify better ways to manage their electricity use in areas such as heating, pumping, cooling and lighting
- funding to implement audit recommendations, including plant and equipment upgrades.
Participants can receive a co-contribution grant of up to 50% towards the cost of implementing audit recommendations, to a maximum of $20,000.
This will enable energy efficiency improvements to be made in areas including irrigation, pumping, packing, refrigeration, ventilation, heating, lighting, processing and household consumption.
The audits have already commenced, with participants selected to ensure representation from across the agricultural sector and rural and regional Queensland.
Applications for the Energy Saver Plus Program Extension have closed.
Energy audits under the previous Energy Savers Plus Program are ongoing. The program provides farmers with personalised audits that identify opportunities to cut costs in areas such as on-farm heating, pumping, cooling, lighting, processing and household energy use.
The program also provides helpful information on financing options to help with energy efficiency upgrades.
In total, the Energy Savers Plus Program and Irrigators Energy Savers Program have:
- delivered 128 energy audits
- identified more than $4 million per year in potential electricity saving
- measured $0.63 million in actual annual bill savings across 24 sites
- generated over 40 case studies
- promoted best practice energy management strategies.
Findings have indicated farmers can significantly reduce their electricity bills through more efficient practices. Read case studies from the program to find out how farmers and irrigators across Queensland are improving their energy efficiency.
- Find out more about the energy program and support services being provided to the broader agricultural community by the Queensland Farmers' Federation.
- Last reviewed: 14 Feb 2020
- Last updated: 26 Feb 2020