The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Pool safety guidelines
These publications were produced prior to the current government and are under review.
Pool safety licensing, compliance and disciplinary functions are managed by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC).
- Pool safety inspector guideline (PDF, 919KB) – October 2016
- Guidelines for pool owners and property agents (PDF, 2.3MB) – October 2016
- Pool safety management plan guideline (PDF, 513KB) – October 2016
- Local government swimming pool safety guideline (PDF, 385KB) – October 2016
- Code of conduct for pool safety inspectors (PDF, 243KB) – November 2014
- Last reviewed: 6 Aug 2020
- Last updated: 22 Nov 2019