Long service leave in Queensland
In this guide:
- Long service leave in Queensland
- Long service leave entitlements and continuous service
- Long service leave in the building, construction and cleaning industries in Queensland
- Transferring, taking and cashing in long service leave in Queensland
- Calculating long service leave
- Work absences and long service leave
Long service leave is a period of paid leave granted to employees in recognition of a long period of service to an employer.
Employers and employees, with the exception of state and local government, are covered by the national industrial relations system. However, where no entitlement to long service leave exists under the Federal system, an employee will have an entitlement in accordance with the Industrial Relations Act 1999.
The Industrial Relations Act 1999 provides long service leave entitlements for most employees in Queensland, including casual, regular part-time and seasonal employees subject to certain conditions.
This guide explains eligibility and different types of entitlements employees have to long service leave.
- Last reviewed
- April 1, 2016
2016 Queensland Small Business Week
IR infoline (07) 3225 2299