E-business from home
Any business that uses the internet to conduct business is an e-business. Setting up your home business as an e-business is ideal - you don't need a shopfront and customers can find (and possibly buy) your products or services online.
Create an effective website
The first time a customer visits your website is often the first contact they have with your home business, so your site should be professional and easy to navigate. Unless you have advanced web design skills and experience, it is best to hire an expert to create your website.
Read more about creating a website.
Invite customers to contact you
An effective website encourages customers to contact you to find out more about your products or services. Your email, phone and other relevant contact details should be clearly stated.
Reply to enquiries quickly
Impress your customers by replying to their enquiries quickly, with accurate information - this generates goodwill for your home business. Many larger companies take longer to reply to an email or website enquiry as they also have to help customers in a physical office or shop.
Providing a high level of customer service should benefit your business with referrals and word-of-mouth advertising.
Sell your products or services online
E-commerce is the process of selling your products or services online. If you are interested in offering this service on your website, learn more about the requirements for online business.
- Find out how you can use social media to promote your business online.
- Watch a recorded webinar for an introduction to social media.
- Learn about managing online customer reviews.
- Read how to protect your information technology (IT) systems and data.
- Find out how to create a digital strategy for your business.
I want to...
- Digital Business Workshop - Emerald 26/06/2018
- Digital Business Workshop for Manufacturing - Gympie 26/06/2018