Starting a home business
Advances in technology and a focus on flexible lifestyles have made starting a home business a popular choice for many Queenslanders. To help you decide if this is the right option for you, we recommend that you consider the advantages and disadvantages of running a business from home.
Advantages of home business
- Lower overheads decrease the financial risk of starting a business.
- Email and internet communication reduce the need for a shopfront.
- Your time can be spent working on the business, not commuting to and from work.
- You can enjoy a flexible lifestyle and spend more time with family.
Disadvantages of home business
- Council and government regulations can limit your business activities.
- You may feel isolated working from home with limited interaction with other people.
- Long or inconsistent hours can lead to strained relationships with family or neighbours.
- Family and friends can be a distraction, reducing your productivity and motivation.
This guide will help you to understand how to set up and run your home business in Queensland.
I want to...
- Small Business State Budget 2019-20 Roadshows - Redlands 18/06/2019
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Cairns 18/06/2019