The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Codes of practice
When starting or running a business in Queensland, you must find out which codes of practice are relevant to your business.
Codes of practice are referenced in Acts and Regulations. They may include:
- general statements of principle and practical advice for how a business or industry should operate
- detailed business practices where businesses must comply with specific standards.
You must comply with any instructions in a code of practice, as well as train your staff to ensure they are aware of and know how to comply with relevant codes. Ideally, you would cover codes of practice as part of your staff induction program, and hold regular 'refresher' training to ensure everyone is aware of their responsibilities under a code of practice.
Many industries have codes of practice on areas including:
To find the codes of practice that apply to your business, contact your business or industry association and the relevant authority (for example, a Queensland Government department or agency such as WorkCover Queensland – Queensland's work health, safety and workers' compensation services).
- Last reviewed: 18 Jul 2017
- Last updated: 22 May 2020
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020