Doing business online: the basics
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Cyber security and business scams
Take steps to protect your business from online threats, attacks, phishing emails and scam phone calls:
- read the latest COVID-19 cyber security advice, latest threats, protecting small business from cyber attack and working from home cyber security tips from the Australian Cyber Security Centre
- subscribe to Scamwatch radar to receive latest news and alerts from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, including current COVID-19 scams
- read about scams associated with COVID-19 from the Office of Fair Trading
- sign up to the Australian Cyber Security Centre's alert service and read information about COVID-19 scams, online safety, security and solutions.
Getting your business online can provide new opportunities and benefits. There are many different ways to do business online, and it's a good idea to consider which ones might suit your business.
Depending on your products and your customers, you might plan to run your entire business online. Or you might decide to provide just some of your services online.
Your customers will expect you to have a website where they can find information about your business, such as contact details and what products or services you offer.
This guide will give you an overview of several aspects of doing business online.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/04/2021
- Payroll tax: Contractor provisions 29/04/2021