Professional insurance advice
Good advice before you purchase insurance will help you get the right insurance for your business and save you money. An insurance broker can organise the purchase of insurance for you, or you can purchase directly through an insurance company.
An insurance broker can provide the best advice on insurance for your business. They can help you decide which types of insurance you need and put together a cost-effective package. Insurance brokers do not work for a particular insurance company. By law, an insurance broker must represent your interests.
If you already have insurance, you can seek advice from your insurance company, but they will be limited to the specific types of insurance they offer and may be motivated to sell you more than you need.
Remember to regularly review your insurance cover with your insurance company or broker.
Find an insurance broker
Dispute an insurance claim
Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service to dispute a claim.
Learn more about resolving disputes with other businesses.
- Find out about the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), the prudential regulator of the Australian financial service industry.
- Learn how the Community Insurance & Risk Management Centre assists community groups with information, support and resources.
- Find out about the Insurance Council of Australia, the representative body of the insurance industry in Australia.
- Contact Work Cover Queensland for advice on workers' compensation insurance.
- Learn more about working with business advisers.