The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has affected many small businesses. A key step to recovery will be encouraging customers to show their support for small businesses by shopping locally.
The Queensland Government has joined with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIQ) to promote the #SupportSmall campaign which encourages people to shop locally and share the stories of the people behind the business.
How your business can get involved
You can grow the #SupportSmall community by:
- using #SupportSmall hashtags in your business’ social media posts:
- following Business Queensland on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to keep up to date with small business news in Queensland
- asking your followers to #SupportSmall and @tag your small business when they visit or buy from you
- using the #SupportSmall social media frames to brand your own social media images - you will need Photoshop or similar to use the frames
- using our #SupportSmall social media tiles with your own written content
- consider using local small businesses as suppliers for your business.
Looking for more ways to help your customers #SupportSmall? Download our #SupportSmall ideas flyer for ways to help you promote your business to your customers.
- Last reviewed: 23 Jun 2020
- Last updated: 22 Jul 2020