Installing Queensland Globe for Mac or PC
Follow these instructions to install the interactive Queensland Globe mapping plug-in for Google Earth™ on your desktop or laptop computer.
Instructions for installing Queensland Globe on Mac or PC
- For new Google Earth™ users, download and install the latest, free Google Earth™ or Google Earth Pro™ application. Note: Google Earth Pro has more advanced business tools in addition to the easy to use features of Google Earth.
- For existing Google Earth™ users, update to the latest version (version 7.0.2 or newer) of Google Earth™.
- Save the qldglobe.kml (KML, 277B) file to your computer by right clicking on the link and selecting Save target as... or Save link as... and:
- choose a location to save the file to. Browsers will normally default to your Downloads folder, desktop or the last location you saved a file to.
- make sure the file name is qldglobe.kml. If it says qldglobe.xml, then change the name to qldglobe.kml.
- Go to the file location and double click on the file. The file will open in Google Earth™. If the file type is not recognised, select Google Earth from the list of installed programs.
- In Layers, expand the Queensland Globe layer and then select the datasets you wish to view.
If you are unable to download the .kml file, you can use this qldglobe.zip (ZIP, 4KB) file by downloading it in the same way as in step 3, then double clicking on the file and extracting the .kml files to your computer.
Note: Once you have installed the Queensland Globe, you can also open other themed globes and maps.
- If Google Earth™ displays undesirable results or has performance issues, refresh the cache or restart the application.
- If this does not resolve the issue, see recommended settings.
- Last reviewed: 19 Aug 2016
- Last updated: 25 May 2017