What rights do I have in relation to my circuit layout rights?
As an owner of circuit layout rights, you have the following rights:
- to copy your circuit layout plans or designs
- to make integrated circuits from your circuit layout plans or designs
- to commercially exploit those integrated circuits
- to obtain a court order to stop another person unlawfully using (infringing) your circuit layout rights (this kind of order is called an injunction)
- to grant a licence to another person (for example, in other parts of Australia, in other industries, or in other countries) to exploit your circuit layout rights, in return for licence fees, royalties, or other payments
- to sell your circuit layout rights
- to give away your circuit layout rights to someone else in your will.
- Last reviewed: 29 Sep 2020
- Last updated: 13 Jun 2016