Business continuity planning
Business continuity planning involves developing a practical plan for how your business can prepare for, and continue to operate after an incident or crisis. A business continuity plan will help you to:
- identify and prevent risks where possible
- prepare for risks that you can't control
- respond and recover if an incident or crisis occurs.
Preparing a business continuity plan will help your business recover quickly if an incident does happen. You may not be able to predict every kind of incident that could threaten your business, but you can develop a plan that covers a range of incidents (e.g. natural disasters, computer problems, staffing issues).
To get the most out of a business continuity plan, you should include a schedule for testing and updating it, making sure you take into account any changes to your business, your industry, or the location you operate in.
This guide explains how to develop, test and update a business continuity plan for your business.
I want to...
- Be My Guest workshop - Currumbin 27/09/2017
- Innovate Queensland: The money magnet masterclass - Logan 27/09/2017