Cyclone and storm surge preparation checklist
This cyclone and storm surge preparation checklist will help you prepare your business for a cyclone.
Cyclones are violent storms that can damage your business through flooding, high winds, storm surges and flying debris. Knowing your business has strategies in place to help cope with a natural disaster like a cyclone should make it easier for your business to minimise losses, maintain business continuity and recover quickly.
Read through this cyclone and storm surge preparation checklist and tick the items you've done.
Complete the list of actions to ensure your business is as prepared for a severe storm as possible.
You can customise this checklist to include information specific to your business by adding items to the 'Other' section.
- View our continuity planning video and learn how to prepare your business for storm season.
- Find out how to build resilience on the Get Ready Queensland website.
- Learn about information technology risk management.
- Find out how an incident response plan can help your business deal with crises.
- Learn how a recovery plan can help minimise losses and get your business running again.
- Find out how to re-establish your business records after a natural disaster.
- Learn how to care for, store and salvage your collections from the State Library of Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 17 Jul 2017
- Last updated: 27 Jul 2023