Growing Queensland Business Roadshow
During October and November 2022, Queensland Government Procurement hosted a series of state-wide free supplier and government buyer events which provided practical information, tools and tips to help local businesses supply to the Queensland Government and local council, along with opportunities to find out about a range of other related programs. In addition, local suppliers had the opportunity to meet directly with government procurement experts and local council representatives.
The roadshow format included 'drop-in' sessions where suppliers could hear from speakers covering the topics listed below as well as meeting and networking with government and council staff at the 'continuous engagement' stations.
Drop-in session topics
- General Goods and Services and ICT categories – how supply arrangements work, finding opportunities and what to do when you are on an arrangement.
- Recognising social value – the Buy Queensland approach and how government is recognising social value and enhancing the lives of Queenslanders.
- Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games – tips and information.
- Greening your business – the free EcoBiz program which can help businesses reduce running costs.
- Local supplier story – local suppliers discuss their tendering journey and provide their top three tips on tendering to the Queensland Government.
- Tendering tips – tips to help you improve your approach to tendering.
- Working with your local council – where to find upcoming council opportunities and where to go to for assistance.
- Regional manufacturing – what the Industry 4.0 transition means for business (sessions only run in regional manufacturing hub locations).
- Partnering with QBuild and Department of Education – how you can partner with government in the construction and maintenance of government-built assets.
- Mentoring for Growth – experienced business mentors discuss challenges or issues facing businesses and provide real-world ideas, insights and tips.
2022 Roadshow presenter videos
- Welcome – The Honourable Mick de Brenni,Minister for Energy, Renewables and Hydrogen and Minister for Public Works and Procurement
- Recognising social value
- Sharon Bailey, Deputy Director-General, Queensland Government Procurement
- Shane Atkinson, Procurement Development Officer, Department of Seniors and Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Brisbane 2032 Olympics and Paralympics – Sharon Bailey, Deputy Director-General, Queensland Government Procurement
- Doing business with government
- Melissa Smyth, Director - Procurement, General Goods and Services, Queensland Government Procurement
- Matthew Rose, ICT Industry and Engagement, Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Greening your business – Charlotte Taylor, Ecobiz Team Leader, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (now Business Chamber Queensland)
- Tendering tips – Michael Lee, Principal Economic Development Officer, Department of Seniors and Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Partnering with QBuild and Department of Education – Building Queensland's future
- Brook Paterson, Director - Procurement, QBuild
- Simon Spooner, Principal Procurement Officer, Department of Education
- Find out how your business can supply goods and services to the Queensland Government.
- Subscribe to our supplier e-newsletter for updates about Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games procurement, as well as supplying to Queensland Government.
- Subscribe to our supplier mailing list or buyer mailing list to stay informed and receive invitations to events.
Email us at GrowQldBusRoadshow@epw.qld.gov.au.
- Last reviewed: 3 Feb 2023
- Last updated: 23 Mar 2023
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 03/04/2023
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 04/04/2023