Who uses photo-sharing services?
Customers who use photo-sharing services
Over 150 million people use Pinterest every month. Key user groups on Pinterest are:
- under the age of 40
- women aged 34-55
Recent, reliable user statistics are difficult to find for Flickr, even though it has been one of the most popular photo-sharing websites for the last decade.
Businesses that use photo-sharing services
Flickr doesn't publish the number or names of businesses that have a Flickr account, but a quick search of groups on the site shows that there are groups ranging from accountants to scientists and marketers.
Pinterest has become an increasingly important marketing and customer research tool for businesses, particularly those in the retail sector. Customers visit the site to find ideas for cooking, wearing, decorating, building, creating, and purchasing. Pinterest reported in 2015:
- 87% of users have purchased a product because of Pinterest
- 93% have used the site to plan for a future purchase
- 72% use Pinterest to decide what to buy offline
- over 5% of all referral traffic to websites comes from Pinterest.
A quick search on Pinterest reveals that many Australian businesses, such as tourist operations, clothing manufacturers and large department stores use Pinterest to drive daily traffic and customer purchases.
I want to...
- The impact of Indigenous Procurement - Panel discussion 14/07/2020
- Payroll tax annual return 2020 15/07/2020