Management, leadership and professional development training
A number of courses and programs are available in Queensland to develop and strengthen your management and leadership skills.
These programs are aimed at a range of skill levels, from experienced managers to employees wishing to transition into management roles.
Programs can vary in length, delivery mode and cost, and include short courses, single subjects, online-only options and free courses.
This is a list of management, mentoring and leadership courses that are provided by government or through private registered education and training providers.
Vocational training providers
My Skills is the national directory of vocational education and training (VET) organisations and courses. This Australian Government initiative helps you to search for, and compare, VET courses and training providers. VET study allows for partial qualifications, short courses, skill sets and units of competency, and offers training in specific skills.
Search My Skills for relevant courses, including:
- BSB42015 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB51918 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
- MSS50316 – Diploma of Competitive Systems and Practices
- MSS40316 – Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices.
Search TAFE Queensland for courses in Queensland, including:
- BSB61015 – Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB51915 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB80215 – Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership.
The availability and delivery of tertiary study is changing rapidly. Most universities now offer tailored learning options so that you can acquire the skills you need, as you need them. Pre-requisites are often not required for single subject tuition.
Postgrad Australia is an online platform that allows you to explore, compare, shortlist, and apply for a postgraduate course, all in one place.
Search for postgraduate courses in Australia.
Find available university courses:
- Australian Catholic University (ACU) – Executive education
- Bond University – Search for a program
- Central Queensland University (CQUniversity) – Course search
- Griffith University – Corporate education
- James Cook University (JCU) – Business
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) – Short courses and professional development
- University of Queensland (UQ) – Executive education and online short courses
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ) – Professional development courses.
Online only courses
Australian university courses
- Open Universities Australia – provides access to over 100 degrees and more than 1,000 subjects from leading Australian universities. Single subjects and full degrees are available with full government funding, regardless of previous education.
International university courses
- EdX – offers high-quality online courses from the world's best universities and institutions to learners in every country and to enterprises looking for a scalable and cost effective solution to training employees.
Institutes and associations
- Australian Institute of Management (AIM) – offers a suite of more than 80 short courses year-round and Australia-wide. AIM short courses cover a broad range of subject areas including; leadership and management, project management, human resources, sales and marketing, and professional development. AIM uses contemporary, interactive case studies that are immediately applicable to your workplace.
- The CEO Institute – helps business leaders connect with their peers and facilitates the sharing of skills, insight and experience, including:
- The CEO Syndicate Program – a peer support network for business leaders, offering experiential learning and group mentoring
- Future CEO Program – a certification course that equips senior managers with the knowledge, skills, and contacts to successfully fill a CEO role
- The Certified CEO Program – an online certification course for today's and future CEOs and senior managers.
View more TAFE and university short courses, including business and management training.
The Queensland Government offers business mentoring programs that connect business leaders to experts for advice on specific business challenges or opportunities, including:
- Mentoring for Growth program – eligible businesses can attend mentoring chats and panels where volunteer business experts provide insights, options and suggestions
- Small Business Solutions – offers small business owners one on one, on-site mentoring with experienced business professionals
- Business Mentoring for Innovation program – supports businesses in the engineering, construction and resource sectors to commercialise their innovative products.
Read more about the benefits of business mentoring.
- Last reviewed: 20 Feb 2019
- Last updated: 20 Feb 2019