Managing record keeping risks
There are legal and financial consequences if your business does not comply with record keeping requirements of tax, business and privacy laws.
Lost or damaged records
Recovering essential business records, whether they have been lost, damaged or destroyed, will help you to re-establish business operations.
Privacy and security
Australian privacy laws apply to the collection, use and storage of personal information. Customers will take their business elsewhere if they lack confidence in your ability to protect their personal information and records.
Read the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's guide to privacy for small business to help you apply the national privacy principles.
Learn more about protecting privacy and information.
- Find out how to identify risks to your business.
- Learn about managing information technology (IT) risk and protecting data and systems.
- Find out how the PPRR risk management model can help you assess and respond to business risks.
- Read and understand your obligations as an employer.
- Find out about record keeping for tax purposes.
I want to...
- Digital Business Workshop - Emerald 26/06/2018
- Digital Business Workshop for Manufacturing - Gympie 26/06/2018