Large Customer Adjustment Program
This program provides assistance to large electricity customers in regional Queensland who are currently on obsolete electricity tariffs.
Benefits to participants
Successful customers taking part in the program will receive a:
- free energy audit and advice
- co-contribution grant to help implement energy management strategies.
Phase 1 of the program provided assistance to 10 customers. Phase 2 will provide assistance for up to 30 customers.
Free energy audit and advice
A free audit will help identify energy management strategies that can help save money and better manage electricity use. It will also provide advice on how to integrate these strategies into business operations while transitioning to the most suitable standard electricity tariff.
Government co-contribution grant
Subject to the outcomes of the audit process and the agreement on grant terms, eligible participants will receive a government co-contribution grant to support implementation of the audit recommendations, including plant and equipment upgrades. The amount will be up to 50% of implementation costs, capped at $250,000.
Who can apply?
You could be eligible for the program if you:
- control a site located in regional Queensland on the Ergon Energy Corporate Ltd network, with a minimum of 1 electricity network connection point
- use more than 100 megawatt-hours of electricity on average per year
- are on an obsolete regulated retail electricity tariff (i.e. tariffs 20L, 22L, 37, 47, 48, 62, 65 or 66)
- face a significant increase in annual electricity bill when moving to a standard electricity tariff
- have not been (or been selected to be) a recipient of significant funding or an AS/NZS 3598:2014 energy audit (types 1–3) within the last 5 years under another Queensland Government energy efficiency program, including the following:
- Irrigators Energy Savers Program
- Energy Savers Plus Program
- ecoBiz and Phase 1 of the Large Customer Adjustment Program (Note: an ecoBiz coaching session does not always constitute an energy audit compliant with AS/NZS 3598:2014).
We will be developing case studies in consultation with each participant to ensure learnings from the program are available to other electricity customers.
Case studies will not include commercial-in-confidence material.