Electricity support packages
We recognise the challenges some regional businesses face with the Queensland Competition Authority phasing out transitional and obsolete electricity tariffs by 2020.
To support regional businesses through the transition, a $10 million Regional Business Support Package (PDF, 441KB) has been designed in response to Queensland Productivity Commission (QPC) recommendations. This package aims to help business customers better understand their electricity use, minimise their electricity costs and make informed choices about future tariff options.
The package includes:
- agricultural tariff initiative – monitoring tariff impacts for small agricultural customers
- large customer adjustment trial – co-contribution grants for up to 10 large business customers
- business tariff information upgrade – development of tariff comparison tools and information
- energy audit advice and information – energy audits for up to 20 regional businesses.
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Days - Gladstone 10/04/2019
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 17/04/2019