Enrolling into the IAP
Before you enrol into the Intelligent Access Program (IAP), you should assess the benefits to your business. This program may impose conditions and restrictions that might not suit your business operations.
Enrolment into the IAP in Queensland is compulsory for:
- vehicles operating under Higher Mass Limits (HML)
- Special Purpose Vehicles – Category 1, 2 and 3 (vehicles may include heavy mobile cranes, concrete pumps and drilling rigs)
- vehicles that have access permits stating they must be enrolled in IAP.
Step 1 – enrol into the IAP
To enrol your HML vehicle(s), complete:
- an online application
- the F4782 Intelligent Access Program (IAP) Enrolment/Amendment/Cancellation form, attach and email to email@example.com.
Other vehicle enrolment:
- Contact the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator to confirm your vehicle is required to be enrolled into the IAP.
Step 2 – complete the Interim Intelligent Access Condition form
After you receive confirmation of your vehicle's details and eligibility for the IAP, you will be given the Interim Intelligent Access Condition (IAC) form.
Step 3 – select a certified service provider
You now need to select and enter into a commercial agreement with a certified service provider. Read how to find a certified service provider.
Step 4 – equipment installed
Your selected certified service provider will install the required monitoring equipment. When the equipment is installed and working, the service provider will notify the department.
Step 5 – approved IAP certificate provided
When we receive confirmation from the service provider that your monitoring equipment is installed and working in your vehicle, we will finalise your enrolment into the program.
You will be then issued an approved IAP certificate.
Step 6 – commence monitoring and informing drivers
Your certified service provider will begin monitoring the vehicle on the start date specified on your IAP certificate.
Before the vehicle begins its journey you must take reasonable steps to notify the driver that the vehicle will be monitored by the certified service provider.