Revised Class 1 Heavy Vehicle Access Regime Program
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is developing a new Class 1 heavy vehicle access regime.
The new regime aims to improve safe and sustainable access to TMR structures for all road users by managing risks associated with Class 1 heavy vehicles.
We will work with industry to deliver:
- industry access to the network in a safe and sustainable way
- improved systems and processes for managing Class 1 heavy vehicle access
- increased transparency and certainty about access
- better supported decision making by the road asset owner.
The program will run until mid-2024.
Types of Class 1 heavy vehicles
Class 1 heavy vehicles relative to this program include:
- prime mover and low loader trailer combinations
- prime mover and load platform trailer combinations
- special purpose vehicles (SPV) including mobile cranes.
Working with industry
Two industry working groups will participate in the program and identify any issues or opportunities that may impact its delivery.
The working groups will represent operators of the following Class 1 heavy vehicles:
- load carrying vehicles
- special purpose vehicles.
Find out how to nominate for a working group.
Subscribe to our heavy vehicle industry newsletter to stay informed about our progress.
Our existing notifications will continue to operate – subscribe to receive email notifications on heavy vehicle travel conditions.
For more information on the program, email Revised_Class_1_Vehicle_Access_Regime@tmr.qld.gov.au.
- Last reviewed: 4 Aug 2022
- Last updated: 4 Aug 2022