Design and product standards for social housing
Under the Queensland Housing Strategy 2017–2027 we aim to deliver more social and affordable housing for Queensland.
The strategy redefines how we'll deliver housing to:
- support urban renewal
- generate new jobs
- provide affordable housing
- driving innovative housing design that meets contemporary housing needs.
Read our design and construction standards, and product standards, to learn more about our approach to delivering social and affordable housing.
Design and construction standards
Our design and construction standards ensure that new social housing dwellings:
- are designed thoughtfully
- meet service delivery requirements
- minimise ongoing maintenance
- contribute to diverse and sustainable communities.
Read the design and construction standards:
- Design standards for new construction, social housing: houses and apartments (PDF, 897KB)
- Design and construction standards for remote housing (PDF, 1.2MB).
Product standards—social housing dwellings
Our product standards outline the building products, fixtures, fittings and other items required in social housing dwellings in line with Queensland's standards.
Individual standards may apply for maintenance, upgrade and modification work and/or new construction.
Read the product standards:
- Last reviewed: 2 Jun 2020
- Last updated: 21 Nov 2019