Doing business globally
It takes time and resources to develop export markets. To find out if exporting is right for your business, you need to thoroughly research your options. A wide range of workshops, grants, export awards and export advisers are available to help your business access global markets. Learn more in our guides on exporting.
Your business can also take advantage of these export programs and connections:
- Mentoring for growth - there are many mentoring and coaching resources available to assist ICT businesses.
- Trade and Investment Queensland - the Queensland Government's export development agency. Gain insight into export markets, access support from a network of export advisers across Queensland and the globe and find information about upcoming trade missions and industry events.
- Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) - a key Australian Government financial assistance program for exporters that encourages small and medium sized Australian businesses to develop export markets.
- Tradex Scheme - allows a business to gain an up-front exemption from customs duty and GST on eligible imported goods that are intended for export.
- Export Finance and Insurance Corporation (EFIC) - provides finance and insurance solutions to help Australian businesses overcome challenges they may face when growing their business overseas.
- Export Awards - annual awards that publicly recognise Queensland's top exporters and their important role in boosting the economy. You have an opportunity to submit an application and profile your company.