ICT research and development organisations
Research and development (R&D) is a valuable tool for growing and improving your business. It's important to find the right match for your business's R&D needs.
Contact and collaborate with the following ICT R&D organisations to support your R&D initiatives and build relationships.
- Australian Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology (CQC2T)
CQC2T is an international research effort to develop the science and technology of a global quantum computing information network, encompassing ultra-fast quantum computation, absolutely secure quantum communication and distributed quantum information processing. CQC2T researchers can advise on the technical specifications and uptake of current quantum secure communication networks and ongoing research to improve those networks. They can also advise on the state-of-the-art of quantum computation and the prospects for near-term and long-term applications.
- Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC)
AEHRC is the leading national research facility applying information and communication technology to improve health services and clinical treatment for Australians.
- CSIRO ICT Centre
The ICT Centre delivers its R&D solutions through capability-based research laboratories. From smartphone apps and robotics, to wearable technology and next gen wireless, CSIRO is providing innovative information technology solutions that are helping to secure Australia's digital future.
- CSIRO ICT Centre
Data61 has been formed from a partnership between CSIRO and National ICT Australia (NICTA). With more than 1,100 staff, including 400+ resident PhD students, they are one of Australia's leading digital research powerhouses. They have the research capabilities, intellectual property, collaboration programs and global outlook to unleash digital and data-driven potential. They have expertise across a wide range of industries including agriculture, cyber security, digital economy, energy, enterprise, environment, health, financial services, government, manufacturing, mining, and transport and logistics.
- Griffith University
Griffith University has the following research centres with a focus on ICT R&D:
- Queensland Centre for Advanced Technologies (QCAT)
QCAT is a collaboration between CSIRO and the Queensland Government. It is recognised for its excellent contribution to the ICT sector and to mining, energy and manufacturing industries.
- Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation (QCIF)
QCIF provides high-performance services, infrastructure and support for computation and data-driven collaborative research and its application in industry.
- Queensland Facility for Advanced Bioinformatics (QFAB)
QFAB provides bioinformatics and biostatistics services for life science researchers to analyse and manage large-scale genomics, proteomics and clinical data sets.
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- The QUT Centre for the Digital Economy (CDE) is a research centre dedicated to designing digital transformation strategies for complex economic and social challenges. The Centre’s research informs and empowers government and heavily regulated industries to understand and optimise digital transformation.
- The QUT Centre for Robotics is at the forefront of research and innovation in intelligent robotics and autonomous systems.
- The QUT Digital Media Research Centre investigates the digital transformation of media industries, the challenges of digital inclusion and governance, the growing role of AI and automation in the information environment, and the role of social media in public communication.
- The QUT Centre for Data Science brings together QUT's strengths and track record in data analysis, computation and eResearch, as well as cross-disciplinary projects and connections to centres of excellence, cooperative research centres, and national and international networks.
- The University of Queensland (UQ)
The School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering is at the forefront of industry research across the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) and Engineering disciplines.