Water trading service standards
The tables below compare the Department of Natural Resources and Mines' (DNRM) performance against Council of Australian Governments service standards for processing temporary and permanent water trades.
For reports on processing times for supplemented water assignments, visit the SunWater website.
Processing times for seasonal water assignments - temporary trade
Table 1 below shows the percentage of unsupplemented seasonal water assignment applications processed by DNRM within the intended timeframe.
Table 1: Seasonal water assignment processing times from 1 July 2016 to 28 February 2017.
|Seasonal water assignment processing requirements|| Total number of seasonal|
water assignments processed
| Number processed|
| Performance against|
|Inter-state seasonal water assignments - percentage processed within 10 business days||1||1||100%||90%|
|Intra-state seasonal water assignments - percentage processed within 5 business days||201||182||91%||90%|
Note: National Water Initiative terminology equivalent is 'allocation' trade.
Processing times for permanent water trades
Table 2 below shows the percentage of permanent water trades registered on the Water Allocation Register by the Titles Registration business unit within the intended timeframe.
Table 2: Permanent water trade registration processing times from 1 July 2016 to 28 February 2017.
|Permanent trade registration requirement||Total number of permanent trades processed||Number processed within 10 days||Performance against standard||Intended service standard|
Registration of permanent trades within 10 business days
Note: National Water Initiative terminology equivalent is 'water access entitlement' trade.
- The timeframe for the service standard commences on receipt of the application forms and associated fee.
- The service standard is a measure of business days only.
- An application finalised on the same day it is received is taken as being finalised in 1 day.
- Recorded processing times excludes the time period when the application is returned to the applicant for further information or to correct an error. Only the time spent by DNRM processing the trade is recorded.
- Performance against the service standard is reported as a cumulative monthly figure.