Processing times for water trades
The tables below show the percentage of trades processed by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (DNRME) within the indicated time frame. The intended service standards are set by the Council of Australian Governments (COAG).
For reports on processing times for supplemented water assignments, visit the Sunwater website.
Seasonal water assignments – temporary trade
Table 1: Percentage of unsupplemented seasonal water assignment applications processed from 1 July 2020 to 31 August 2020.
|Seasonal water assignment processing requirements|| Total number of seasonal|
water assignments processed
| Number processed|
| Performance against|
|Interstate seasonal water assignments—percentage processed within 10 business days||0||0||N/A||90%|
|Intrastate seasonal water assignments—percentage processed within 5 business days||72||71||99%||90%|
Note: National Water Initiative terminology equivalent is 'allocation' trade.
Permanent water trades
Table 2: Percentage of permanent water trades registered on the Water Allocation Register from 1 July 2020 to 31 August 2020.
|Permanent trade registration requirement||Total number of permanent trades processed||Number processed within 10 days||Performance against standard||Intended service standard|
Registration of permanent trades within 10 business days
Note: National Water Initiative terminology equivalent is 'water access entitlement' trade.
- The time frame for the service standard commences on receipt of the application forms and associated fee.
- The service standard is a measure of business days only.
- An application finalised on the same day it is received is taken as being finalised in 1 day.
- Recorded processing times exclude the time taken to return an application for correction or further information. Only the time spent by DNRME processing the trade is recorded.
- Performance against the service standard is reported as a cumulative monthly figure.