News and updates from the Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate
The Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate publishes newsletters, annual reports, and other important updates about the sector in Queensland. The Inspectorate also publishes safety alerts, instructions and bulletins to raise awareness in the industry.
You can subscribe to receive news and updates direct to your email.
If you would like earlier editions of these publications, please contact us and let us know details including the month, year or title of publication.
Chief Inspector updates
The Chief Inspector sends updates to current licence and authorisation holders and key stakeholders to announce, and provide information on, important regulatory or strategic changes that affect the petroleum and gas sector in Queensland. You can read the latest updates below.
- Amendments to Petroleum and Gas (Safety) Regulation 2018 (June 2019)
- Amendments to Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004 (March 2019)
- Changes to approved compliance materials (March 2019)
- Penalty infringement notices (PINs) evaluation report (Feb 2019)
- Important information about your gas work licence (Feb 2019)
- Important information about your gas work authorisation (Feb 2019)
- New Petroleum and Gas (Safety) Regulation 2018 – Changes for industry (March 2019)
- New Petroleum and Gas (Safety) Regulation 2018 – Changes for gas fitters and authorisation holders (Sep 2018)
Service delivery snapshots
Each financial year, the inspectorate reports back to industry on the regulatory services delivered in the previous year, key projects, highlights, and outlines the focus for the coming financial year.
Read the following:
- Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate snapshot 2017-18 (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate snapshot 2016-17 (PDF, 590KB)
- Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate summary of key activities 2015-16 (PDF, 2.6MB).
- Read Safety alerts and instructions for petroleum and gas for alerts, bulletins and instructions for warnings of potential hazards and advice on legislative requirements.
- Read about our regulatory performance framework and access regulatory activity data.
- Last reviewed: 28 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 29 Apr 2020