Occupational Health Mining Advisory Committee
The committee, previously known as the Health Improvement and Awareness Committee, advises industry about:
- issues related to occupational health and occupational ergonomics
- other complex issues that impact on mine workers (e.g. mental health, drug use and abuse, smoking and fatigue).
The committee members represent industry, coal mine and mineral mine and quarry workers, and the Queensland Mines Inspectorate. The committee currently reports to the Commissioner for Mine Safety and Health and the Executive Director of Mine Safety and Health.
Members are appointed based on their occupational health and technical skills and knowledge of mining health issues.
- Heidi Roberts, Resources Safety and Health, Chair
- Rodo de Boer, industry
- Mark Desira, Queensland Mines Inspectorate
- Fritz Djukic, Queensland Mines Inspectorate
- Andrew Gaggiano, industry
- Jason Hill, union
- Rachael Jones, industry
- Cassandra Koutouridis, industry
- Bronwen Otto, industry
- Jacki Power, union
- Kevin Poynter, Queensland Mines Inspectorate
- Liz Sanderson, industry
- Trudy Tilbury, Queensland Mines Inspectorate