Financial support details
The Queensland Government Solar 150 project aims to provide financial support to large-scale solar energy generation projects that are:
- proposed for construction and operation in Queensland
- connected to the National Electricity Market (NEM) infrastructure
- participants in the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) large-scale solar generation 200MW round announced on 14 July 2015, and receive ARENA funding
- up to 150 megawatt (MW) of aggregate electricity generation capacity (AC)
- able to finalise all necessary network connection, licensing, permitting and development approvals
- the aggregate generation capacity supported may consist of:
- a number of large-scale solar energy generation projects that have been successful in ARENA large scale solar competitive round announced on 14 July 2015 and proposed for construction and operation in Queensland
- projects with generation capacity of greater than or equal to 5MW
- projects that have no other contractual arrangements to purchase electricity or large scale renewable energy certificates
- projects being constructed are from a range of technically and financially capable proponents (or consortiums).
Read the key dates for the Solar 150 project.
All enquiries from Solar 150 project stakeholders are to be forwarded to email@example.com.
You can also read the media statement.