Coronavirus (COVID-19) survey: Tell us what information you need to help your business recover from COVID-19 impacts.
Australian renewable energy industry associations
Below is a list of renewable energy industry associations in Australia. Industry organisations usually provide their members with important updates (e.g. how a change to legislation will affect your business), run training and education programs, and lobby on behalf of the industry.
- Australian Geothermal Energy Association (AGEA)
AGEA represents the geothermal energy industry through policy advocacy, events, industry updates and promotion.
- Australian Photovoltaic Institute (APVI)
APVI promotes photovoltaic solar electricity research, manufacturing, policies and projects. Members receive industry information, resources, networking and collaborative research opportunities, and can contribute to advocacy and standards.
- Australian Solar Thermal Energy Association (AUSTELA)
AUSTELA works with clean energy bodies to improve investment in solar thermal power generation in Australia.
- Bioenergy Australia
Bioenergy Australia is a government-industry forum that fosters the development of biomass for energy, liquid fuels, and other bio-based products. Bioenergy Australia also assists with market and project development.
- Biofuels Association of Australia (BAA)
BAA is the peak body representing the biofuels industry. It supports its members through industry updates, policy advocacy, standards development, training, conferences and accreditation.
- Bureau of Resource and Energy Economics (BREE)
BREE's energy publications provide forecasts, data research, analysis and strategic advice to the Australian Government and organisations in the resources and energy sectors.
- Clean Energy Council (CEC)
CEC is the peak body representing Australia's clean energy sector. Members receive information, resources, training, certification, and industry and regulatory updates.
- Energy Efficiency Council (EEC)
EEC is the peak body for energy efficiency and cogeneration services and products. Members receive information, resources, training, best practice guides, and industry and regulatory updates.
- Industry Capability Network (ICN)
ICN works with project managers to help them find the right suppliers. ICN can help your business find new contracts and introduce you to supply chains of major renewable energy projects in Australia and overseas.
- Smart Energy Council
The Smart Energy Council is the peak industry body for the solar, storage and smart energy management in Australia, committed to promoting clean, efficient, cheap and smart energy solutions for all Australians.
- Find out more about renewable energy in Queensland.
- Find out about approvals and regulations for biogas projects in Queensland.
- Use our market research kit to find key economic, demographic and statistical information about your industry.
- Find grants and support services for Queensland businesses and organisations operating in the renewable energy industry.