Opportunities in nature-based tourism including ecotourism
Queensland has a large number of natural and protected areas, and demand for nature-based and ecotourism activities is strong and expected to grow in the future.
The Queensland Government encourages private investment in low impact, sustainable ecotourism opportunities in protected areas that focus on the presentation and appreciation of an area's natural and cultural values.
A high priority on conservation, best practice and low impact ecotourism is at the heart of the Nature Conservation Act 1992.
The Queensland Government released the Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-2020 to promote a fresh approach to ecotourism and position Queensland as an internationally celebrated ecotourism destination.
- Learn how to get support and certification for your ecotourism business through Ecotourism Australia.
- Learn about Queensland's ecotourism experiences on the Queensland Holidays website.
- Find out about Queensland Eco and Sustainable Tourism (QuEST). QuEST delivers a policy framework for ecotourism operators accessing high visitation national parks.
- Read the Queensland ecotourism development toolkit for tools and advice on investing in ecotourism.
- Find out more about investing in Queensland's tourism industry.