Tourism data and statistics
Information about visitors and tourism trends can be a great help in planning and operating your tourism business in Queensland.
For example, you can use current research and data to:
- predict upturns and downturns in certain areas of your business
- get a better understanding of what visitors want (and don't want)
- market your product successfully to different types of travellers
- find out what other operators are doing.
Finding tourism data
Tourism and Events Queensland's dedicated research and insights section regularly publishes domestic and international visitor fact sheets, regional summaries and economics, and specialised reports for Queensland's tourism industry. It also includes the Tourism Data Explorer, an interactive dashboard for accessing time series data for visitation and expenditure.
Tourism Research Australia (TRA) primarily collects Australian tourism data via a quarterly National Visitor Survey and International Visitor Survey, which asks both domestic and international visitors about their:
- places visited
- Learn about the DestinationQ partnership between the Queensland Government and the tourism industry.