Commercial fisher licence
About the commercial fisher licence
You will need a commercial fisher licence if you are in charge of commercial fishing activities in Queensland-managed commercial fisheries, whether you own the commercial fishing boat or are operating another person's commercial fishing boat. The commercial fisher licence allows you to:
- use authorised equipment to commercially take fish species under fishery symbols appearing on a primary commercial fishing licence
- supervise crew members assisting you in those fishing activities.
Apply for a commercial fisher licence
To apply for a commercial fisher licence, you need to lodge:
- a completed commercial fisher licence application
- payment of the fee and any outstanding fees from a previous licence of this type (e.g. it may have been cancelled for non-payment of fees).
Transfer a commercial fisher licence
The commercial fisher licence is a personal licence only. You cannot transfer this licence to another person.
- Any person driving a boat (whether the commercial fisher licence holder or a crew member) must comply with domestic commercial vessel manning or operating requirements. For more information, contact the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.
- Last reviewed: 1 Jan 2021
- Last updated: 1 Jan 2021