List of aquaculture forms
Below is a list of forms related to aquaculture developments assessed or managed by Fisheries Queensland. For more information, or help filling out the forms, contact Fisheries Queensland on 13 25 23.
Approvals for new aquaculture businesses
If you're starting a new business, the approvals you require will depend on whether you are developing a land-based or marine aquaculture operation. You need:
- a development approval before undertaking land-based aquaculture development
- a development approval and resource allocation authority before undertaking marine aquaculture development.
To avoid processing delays, submit an application for a fisheries development approval authority and resource allocation authority as specified below. For more information, or help filling out the forms, contact the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning.
Development approval application
Approved forms for development approval applications lodged under the Planning Act 2016.
Resource allocation authority application
This form is required for all resource allocation authority applications:
- Resource allocation authority for aquaculture - application form (read instructions for making an application).
Marine aquaculture bond
This form is required for all aquaculture that is carried out in Queensland waters or on unallocated tidal land:
Approvals for existing aquaculture businesses
Amendments (to development approval)
Approved forms for development approval applications lodged under the Planning Act 2016. Use this form to change the size, boundaries or conditions of a resource allocation authority:
Transfers (of resource allocation authority)
Use this form to transfer a resource allocation authority from one legal entity (e.g. individual or company) to another:
Change of contact details (to development approval)
Use this form to notify of changes to contact details for an existing development approval when the property changes ownership or is leased:
Other aquaculture forms
Use this form to apply for a general fisheries permit, which authorises you to collect broodstock from the wild to use in aquaculture hatcheries:
- General fisheries permit application for broodstock collection (read instructions for making an application and the broodstock and culture stock collection policy).
Use this form if you plan to translocate live aquatic animals into and within Queensland:
- Application to allow the translocation of live aquatic animals into and within Queensland (FDU 1398) (PDF, 168KB).
Use this form to access information about aquaculture developmental approvals: