Drought loans, allowances and projects

Farm Household Allowance

The Farm Household Allowance provides money for basic living expenses to eligible farm families experiencing hardship. You do not have to be in a drought-declared area to be eligible to apply for the Farm Household Allowance.

The allowance is administered by Services Australia. Learn more about how to claim the Farm Household Allowance.

Funding for employment projects in drought-affected communities

Through the Drought Communities Programme, the Australian Government is funding local infrastructure initiatives that provide employment for people whose work opportunities have been affected by drought.

Also consider...