Animal disease surveillance programs
Many significant animal diseases found in Queensland are managed by accreditation, control or eradication programs.
Animal owners are responsible for controlling most other animal diseases that occur in the state, with the support of private veterinarians.
This guide outlines some of the investigation and surveillance programs for Queensland:
- National Significant Disease Investigation Program
- National Arbovirus Monitoring Program
- Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE) surveillance
- Fitzroy River fish health surveillance
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Noosa fish health investigation.